The Assembly is looking for young creatives and social impact leaders to join the Creative Youth Advisory Council (CYAC)!
Because we envision a world where anyone with creative talent can achieve their ambitions and fulfill their dreams, we are on a mission to release untapped potential using fashion to bridge the gaps found in entrepreneurship and employment.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL
The Assembly is an open innovation organisation dedicated to empowering entrepreneurs and creatives from Africa and its diaspora to succeed in the global fashion industry. We provide educational, business and professional development opportunities as well as technical skills development. Through our work and strategic partnerships, we have supported thousands of young creatives in Nigeria and we need your help to do much more.
Today, we want to ensure that the needs, ideas, and solutions of young creatives across the fashion value chain —are at the centre of our work and governance. We firmly believe that African creativity is the future and creatives have agency over how they learn and collaborate. It only makes sense to co-create solutions with you.
“The function of art is to do more than tell it like it is-it’s to imagine what is possible” – Bell Hooks
The Creative Youth Advisory Council (CYAC) plays a critical role in shaping our work and impact, amplifying and accelerating creatives on the continent.
WANT TO JOIN THE CYAC?
Have a look at the requirements below.
- You live or are from Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa
- You are 16 to 30 years old
- You are a young creative with functional spoken and written skills in English
- You have knowledge of one or more of the following languages is an asset: Indigenous African Languages, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese or French,
- You are committed and passionate about creative industries and social justice
- You are ready to use your voice and take action to bring about change
- You are a young creative who believes in a world where everyone should be able to fulfil their potential and reach their dreams as a creative
- You are willing to be part of the The Assembly’s Creative Youth Advisory Council for a minimum period of two years
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR TIME ON CYAC?
As a member of The Assembly’s Creative Youth Advisory Council, your voice and ideas count!
We want to listen to you and, together give creatives across Africa the support they need to become leaders and change-makers.
You can expect to:
- Share your creative and regional-related expertise: Share your knowledge and experience and advise on issues related to creatives and the region you represent
- Co-develop The Assembly’s Program Strategy: Give ideas and recommendations to The Assembly’s team to help develop the program goal, key priorities, and ways to measure change
- Map creative-led groups especially for girls and marginalised communities: Identify groups and initiatives that are led by creatives and that need support, whether financial, technical, or other
- Attend key convenings: Participate in key meetings and events to ensure young creative’s voices are heard
- Collaborate with The Assembly’s staff and partners to advocate for gender and disability justice and inter-generational leadership
- Join The Assembly’s network of young creative leaders
The Creative Youth Advisory Council will be made up of 13 creatives who are an example of The Assembly’s values: community first, collaborative, curious, and authentic. Submit Your Application Here
This is a two-round selection process.
- The first round:
The application will begin in March 2023 and is open to youth, girls, and boys. We specifically want to receive applications from people who perhaps live with a disability between the ages of 16 to 30.
Application Deadline: April 14th, 2023.
In April 2023, The Assembly will shortlist applicants who will move on to the second round, which consists of an interview panel.
- The second round:
A panel composed of our community and The Assembly team will interview the shortlisted applicants and select the 13 creative youth advisors in April 2023.
The 13 creative advisors will officially start their two-year term in Spring 2023.
These dates are tentative and will depend on the volume of applications and complex multi-time zone scheduling of interviews. We ask for grace and understanding as we go through each and every application with great consideration, so we know we are selecting the best to form the first CYAC cohort.
Best of Luck!
NEED MORE CLARITY?
- Look through our FAQs