Principles of Styling Masterclass with Veronica Odeka
You’re a budding stylist keen to get your foot in the door or you’re early in your career and want to understand the fundamentals of having a sustainable fashion styling career? Wherever you are in your journey, The Principles of Styling Masterclass with Veronica Odeka was crafted for you.
This in-depth Masterclass will cover the A – Z in fashion styling. We will observe the African and International contemporary fashion scene, the current media landscape and the day-to-day working life of a fashion stylist. You will learn about the different paths to becoming and building a career as a stylist from personal styling, editorial, commercial and celebrity styling. You will uncover different sites of finding inspiration and how to respond to commercial and creative briefs.
Get ready because everything you thought you knew about styling might just be turned on its head.
Key Topic Areas
- The role of a stylist
- A practical guide for working as a fashion stylist
- Testing and Shoot Preparation
- How to spot and predict trends
- Research & Pitching Concepts
- Finance & Budgeting
- Portfolio Building
- New sites of sourcing inspiration, trends and how to trends will influence your work
- Gain a refreshed understanding on the fashion media industry and the role of a fashion stylist in it.
- Understand and learn research and pitching skills and techniques
- How to develop and present your portfolio.
About your Tutor
As usual, you will be in good hands as Veronica Ebie-Odeka is a household name in the Nigerian fashion, entertainment and lifestyle industry, renowned for her experience creating signature styles for celebrities and socialites alike. She’s been credited with styling for Nigerian Idols, Project Fame, Elite Model Look Nigeria, and a number of high profile projects. In 2010, Veronica launched “VANE-STYLE” offering services in personal and event styling, luxury shopping, wardrobe makeover, wedding style consultations, designer brand consultations, as well as corporate etiquette and grooming. She expanded her brand with the VANE-STYLE showroom, a one-stop shop for stylists, editors and production teams looking to shoot editorials, report on trends and feature upcoming designers. You can spot Veronica’s work in countless magazines and high traffic blogs. She hosts Looks by Veronica, for GTBank’s Ndani TV and, Vanestyle Fashion Fix for Spice TV. She’s been featured on prominent local and international fashion programs showcasing how the everyday woman or man can achieve trendy looks.
You should attend if;
- You have a burning desire to create visuals and passionate about telling stories through fashion
- You want to break into this exciting fashion industry
- You are looking to start a career in Styling & Creative Direction
- You are looking to build on your existing skills and knowledge
- You want to form new bonds with like minds.
How to Register
Early Bird: N11,000
After the 19th March: N16,000
Spaces are very limited, so book your place here now.
Registration fees also include resource material and refreshments.
*Registration Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable