Community & Project Management Associate – Internship
We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly Hub was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talent and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In a few years we have impacted over 2000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We have partnered with and worked with the likes of The British Council, Microsoft, A Whitespace Creative Agency, Social Media Week Lagos, Facebook, Dalberg, AFFORD, to name a few. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new stuff to learn, we love go getters, flexible attitudes, people who take initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
Are you a strategic thinker passionate about social development, the arts and creative industries and technology? Are you passionate about driving growth within the Fashion and Creative Industries? If yes, you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for.
We believe in nurturing young talent and are always looking for passionate creatives to join our team. We are looking for an ambitious Community & Project Management Associate Intern to join us for 3 months (immediate start) with the successful candidate having the opportunity to becoming a full member of The A-Team.
This internship would be an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated individual seeking a Project Management role within a creative business. Someone who is detail oriented and enjoys working within teams and creating value for people. You will be working in a fast-paced environment around passionate and creative people and will have the opportunity to see live projects that run through The Assembly. You will be reporting to the Community & Project Manager.
- Work with the C&P Manager to build a strong team and engaged community members.
- Assist the C&P Manager in collating information and reporting on the status of the community members and their needs.
- Show enthusiasm for fostering qualitative relationships between The Assembly Hub and individual community members.
- Work with C&P Manager to create events and programs to attract new members to the Assembly community and develop current member’s experience.
- Constantly engage and solicit new partners in order to drive the company’s business objectives and build the community.
- Educate yourself and keep a close eye on the industry.
- Forging and maintaining good relationships, ensuring exceptional delivery of service to meet all requirements
- Resolves complaints and is able to trouble-shoot with clients, community and external bodies with empathy and in a conciliatory manner
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc duties and research tasks.
Fantastic people skills
- Proactive attitude towards work.
Strong quantitative and analytical skills
Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise your workload in a dynamic environment
Effective verbal and written communication skills to successfully deliver and present recommendations to senior leadership
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Prioritise and work independently with minimum support
- Calm with attention to detail
- Resourceful – ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem that might arise
- Able to liaise confidential and professionally with people at all levels
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 year cognate work experience in a similar role.
Professional skill certifications would be an added advantage.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS: As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it! Our team are like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge, while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
JOB DETAILS: This is a role with preference for Island – Ajah axis based candidates.
How to Apply:
Send us an email with a 300 word cover letter and CV showing us why you are the perfect fit for this role – firstname.lastname@example.org
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
• Be creative, curious, innovative and highly organised; • Demonstrate problem solving skills • Be detail oriented •