Creative + Production Intern – Oya Abeo
Oya Abeo is an interior home goods company that aims to make ceremonious Nigerian (and West African) items (like woven cloth and beadwork) more accessible everyday to people around the diaspora. With an emphasis on sustainability, they provide bespoke, handmade and artful alternatives to often overlooked everyday items like curtains, dinnerware, and bedding.
They believe that a home is a sanctuary that should reflect one’s cultural background and experiences. They want to provide sustainable and reusable alternatives to the non-eco-friendly waste that emerges from your kitchen and household. They want our favourite Nigerian fabrics and materials to have a life outside of weddings. They respect artisans and believe in quality over quantity. All of their products are handmade.
As they grow, they aim to contribute 10% of our future profits to initiatives that empower our communities including clean water, renewable energy, education and agriculture.
- Collaborate with the Production and Operations teams to adhere to production/ manufacturing calendar
- Learn to source and negotiate costs for production materials
- Assist with day-to-day contact with artisan and weekly on-site visits to guarantee both quality and quantity expectations are met
- Work directly with current manufacturing partners and help to evaluate initial opportunities to onboard new ones as we continue to scale
- Collaborate with Founder/Creative Director on new innovations and future collections
- Able to shoot quick product photos
- Maintain and organize product inventory
- Bonus points: good quick illustration skills
- Update Line Sheets
- Assist with larger product and concept photoshoots
- Liaise with collaborators
- College student or recent grad in production, photography or technical design
- Located in Lagos
- Available to work minimum 3 days a week
- You’re eager to learn and have a positive “go getter” attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player!
Compensation: Monthly Stipend
How to Apply:
Send your application to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “Creative + Production Intern” with your CV attached.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/