We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talented and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Okwesa, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to level the playing field for women and youth exploring careers and sustainable businesses in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In over 5 years we have impacted over 4000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, access to job opportunities, mentoring, funding, and consulting. We are building an environment where our community can expand their knowledge, improve skills and discover new ones.
We are seeking an experienced Delivery lead who not only possesses the technical expertise and delivery leadership skills necessary for the role but also embodies our values. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, overseeing the planning, implementation, and tracking of multiple projects across the organisation. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the desired objectives. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the event department, managing important clients, as well as developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with key stakeholders while exploring ways to improve processes and supporting team activities. The role will lead to creating the conditions, culture and processes needed to enable us to deliver projects and initiatives that align with our mission. If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and shares our commitment to transforming the experiences of entrepreneurs and creatives in the fashion industry and wider creative ecosystem we encourage you to apply and become a foundational part of our team.
At the Assembly, we want to reimagine not only what we do, but how we do it – this role will play an influential role in supporting us to design, develop and lead a delivery function that enables us to deliver the greatest impact for our communities, team and clients.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are eager to take on any task, regardless of its size.
- You are very interested in startups, preferably in the creative industry and have proven experience as an Event Planner or Producer, Project Manager or similar leadership role.
- You are familiar with all business functions including budgeting, project management and business development and enjoy leadership and team-building skills.
- You have impeccable communication and negotiation skills and you are not afraid to speak and write fluently, clearly and concisely.
- You can efficiently follow and implement policies and procedures with a detailed focus.
- You have a superpower in networking.
- You have a black book of trusted, handy and reliable event suppliers
- You can think quickly, be intelligent in decision-making, take proactive steps towards achieving goals and always try to stay ahead of the curve and come up with solutions to new problems.
- You are highly organised, methodical and inquisitive and this means you never let an opportunity slip through the cracks. But you are not afraid to walk away from opportunities that do not meet the quality threshold.
- You take pride in a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Lead and design how we deliver projects at The Assembly
- Develop and execute project plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Continuously assess and enhance delivery processes
- Manage project teams, assign tasks, and ensure that deliverables are completed on time.
- Monitor project progress and update stakeholders on project status.
- Identify project risks and develop risk management plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, refine, and implement delivery management strategies
- Conduct regular project reviews and adjust plans as necessary.
- Provide leadership and guidance to project team members.
- Manage project documentation and ensure that it is up-to-date and accessible to stakeholders.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture within the delivery team.
- Mentor and develop team members, promoting their professional growth.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Programme & Projects Lead or similar role.
- Experience setting up delivery teams and processes
- Experience Leading and facilitating workshops
- Worked in Design or Research environments
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent client-facing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members.
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Running and leading agile ceremonies such as check-ins and retrospectives
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Working with creatives/strategists
- Project management qualification
- Experience in a start-up environment
- A strong interest in culture and people development
- A track record of generating innovative ideas and solutions
- Certifications in fields related to design or research
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team is like our family: we’re building a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
- This is a full-time role based in Lagos, but you’ll be working remotely during most intervals
- This role is preferable for an individual who resides in Lagos but is not essential
Stage 1: Application & CV Review
Candidates are to apply with their CV, cover letter, and portfolio. Applications are reviewed and candidates who meet the requirements for experience, skills, and qualifications are shortlisted for a pre-screening interview.
Stage 2: Pre-screening Interview
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will be sent a link to book a 30-minute (Virtual) pre-screening session (we would normally give 2-3 different dates to pick from, you can let us know if you are unable to be available on these dates too). This interview is to get to know you beyond your CV, assess your job knowledge, and answer any clarifying questions you may have regarding the role.
Stage 3: Final Interview with the CEO and Team Lead
If you are considered a potential fit for the role, you will be invited to a final interview with the CEO and People & Talents Team Lead to discuss your culture fit and your technical skills and experience. Other clarifying questions will also be answered at this interview.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience (Plus commission after successful completion of a 4-month probation period)
- Hybrid Work Structure
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Free access to training and workshops hosted by The Assembly
- Bi-annual Team Retreats
- Primarily remote position and able to work from any location in Nigeria provided you can avail yourself when needed.
The Assembly Hub is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment. This means that:
For all job opportunities and progression, job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
The above equally applies to access to development and training opportunities.
All programmes will be designed to be actively inclusive and accessible to all people.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the vacancy, fill out this form with the relevant information
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill out here.
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/