DIGITAL CONTENT & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talent and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In a few years we have impacted over 2000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We have partnered with and worked with the likes of The British Council, Microsoft, A Whitespace Creative Agency, Social Media Week Lagos, Facebook, Dalberg, AFFORD, to name a few. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new stuff to learn, we love go getters, flexible attitudes, people who take initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
- You must have a strong interest in personal and business development, fashion and the creative arts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a number of different styles/tones.
- Ability to gracefully respond to edits and feedback on stories from editors
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Great research, organisational and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft office and Google Docs
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Some experience with online marketing and lead generation.
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
- You have strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills. You are charismatic, enthusiastic and detailed.
- You are fast thinking and reactive
- Willingness to juggle short/quick writing projects with longer, deeply-reported features
- Knowledge and experience of multi-platform digital production distribution, such as Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Passion, stamina, enthusiasm, creativity, and determination. They should be self-motivated and adaptable – and demonstrate strong people skills.
- The ability to be flexible and work unsocial hours, weekends, and Bank Holidays
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or any related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 year cognate work experience in a similar role.
- Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
DIGITAL CONTENT & COMMUNICATIONS PILLAR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Story producing from pitch to publish
- Create and develop strategic communication campaigns that resonate with our target audience
and bring to life The Assembly’s goals and objectives
- Create engaging, insightful content across our major online verticals that keep our community
engaged, inspired and enlightened
- Copy and line editing: understanding of what makes a compelling article / story
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals and external influencers and
industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Writing weekly articles—a mix of news analysis, explainers and how-tos, along with the
occasional long read.
- Supporting TAH team with securing photos, preparing stories for publishing, and serving as a
liaison with freelancers as needed
- Reaching out to contacts to secure high-profile interviews of celebrities, scholars, experts and
- Building traffic for TAH and growing our audience
(2) Community Engagement:
- You will take responsibility for the dynamic of our online community.
- You will gather feedback from the community and act upon this insight.
- Manage the online community and respond quickly to inquiries across all digital platforms
(3) AD HOC:
- Write content for Social Media Platforms.
- Confidence working with digital apps like Canva, and navigating your way confidently around
Mailchimp, WordPress, Instagram etc.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS:
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team are like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge, while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
MON – FRI | 9-5am
You’ll be expected to work remotely at certain intervals
RENUMERATION: Starting from N60,000 depending on experience and level of commitment
How to Apply:
Send us an email with your qualifications, links to your writing and any social media pages you’ve handled email@example.com
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Produce and distribute digital content across multiple platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.