We believe in nurturing creatives and young talent and are always looking for passionate people to join our team. We are looking for an ambitious Digital Content + Community Associate Intern to join us for 6 months (Starting January) with the successful candidate having the opportunity to become a full member of our A-Team.
- You must have a strong interest in personal and business development, fashion and the creative arts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a number of different styles/tones.
- Ability to gracefully respond to edits and feedback on stories from editors
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Great research, organisational and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Some experience with online marketing and lead generation.
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
- You have strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills. You are charismatic, enthusiastic and detailed.
- You are fast thinking and reactive.
- Willingness to juggle short/quick writing projects with longer, deeply-reported features
- Basic knowledge of social media management tools and strategies
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or any related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a similar role.
certifications and portfolio of previous work if you do not meet the Education Criteria
EVENTS & PROGRAMS PILLAR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Story producing from pitch to publish.
- Copy and line editing: understanding of what makes a compelling article/story.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals and external. influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Writing weekly articles—a mix of news analysis, explainers and how-tos, along with the occasional long read.
- Supporting TAH team with securing photos, preparing stories for publishing, and serving as a liaison with freelancers as needed.
- Reaching out to contacts to secure high-profile interviews of celebrities, scholars, experts and other sources.
- Building traffic for TAH and growing our audience.
(2) Community Engagement:
- You will take responsibility for the dynamic of your community.
- You will gather feedback from the community and act upon this insight.
- You will build your understanding of the co-working / creative hub industry and its clients, value drivers and trends.
(3) AD HOC:
- Write content for Social Media Platforms.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS:
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it! Our team are like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
4-Days a week
This is a primarily remote role.
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out this form with the relevant information
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/