The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talent and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. In over 5 years we have impacted over 3000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones
We love curious people, go-getters, flexible attitudes, and people who take initiative and are not afraid to ask questions.
We are looking for a rare bird volunteer with a “can-do” attitude to assist our event team in organizing/hosting events that enhance The Assembly’s image.
The event volunteer will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning and managing our events calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, monitoring timeframes and budgets, networking, and delivering on event brief objectives.
- Brainstorm and implement event plans with the event team.
- Assist in handling budgets and invoices.
- Negotiate sponsorship deals with assistance from the Event Manager.
- Handle logistics.
- Update Event and Programmes Lead.
- Develop event surveys.
- Obtain permits.
- Handle post-event reports.
- A degree in public relations, communications, or hospitality.
- Proficiency in various event software will be a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, marketing and good leadership skills.
- Highly organized and able to Multitask with good time management.
- Ideally, we like to host volunteers for a minimum period of 3-months.
We are flexible on how much time you can commit to the role.
However, there may come a time when you would be needed in-person
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the volunteer role, fill out this form with the relevant information
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill here.
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more here