We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talented and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In over 5 years we have impacted over 4000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new things to learn, we love go-getters, flexible attitudes, and people who take the initiative and are not afraid to ask questions. We are looking for an ambitious, innovative and proactive Events and Programmes Associate as a new addition to our A-Team.
- You must have a strong interest and knowledge of creative arts, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well within a team.
- You are naturally curious about the people around you.
- You have strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills. You are charismatic, enthusiastic and have an eye for detail.
- You have a strong customer service mentality and you have the ability to generate respect and trust from all members, team and external stakeholders.
- You are fast thinking and proactive.
- You are process driven with a detailed focus.
- You are always ready to learn.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communications, Business Administration, Marketing or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years cognate work experience in a similar role.
- Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
- Hard-working, excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
EVENTS & PROGRAMS PILLAR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Your main focus is working with your team to build a strong and engaged community of entrepreneurs, startups and freelancers in the fashion and creative sector. This means you’ll be talking to people. A lot.
- You’ll make sure that our members have such an awesome time at our events they’ll want to bring all their friends. And you’ll continually experiment with new ways to enhance The Assembly experience.
- You’ll be the eyes and ears of The Assembly so you’ll know the community better than anyone, listening and reacting to feedback is the source of our success.
(2) Events Management:
- In this capacity, you are tasked with keeping everything flowing smoothly with planning and managing our events including educational skills training.
- You will be responsible for the design to the delivery process of all training and events (in-person and virtual) including innovative event formats, speaker invitations, speaker briefings, on-site event management and event feedback etc.
- Will support management to design and implement a unique programme of events, conferences and products at The Assembly that fosters tangible impact and fosters increased connectivity and a spirit of collaboration between Assembly members.
- Identify and engage leading topic experts in The Assembly programme.
- Build relationships and leverage the expertise of Assembly Members to co-design programme content.
- You will be the point of contact with all external service providers and suppliers to make sure that everything is working as it should be, at all times.
- You are constantly creating new ways to make the experience more enjoyable for our members, from the moment they get in touch with us and right through to the duration of their membership.
- You will partner with and report effectively to the Management Team to ensure the company’s growth as a whole.
- You will engage your community, with an exciting schedule of events and brand-building activities with key influencers.
- Coordinate events and experiential marketing campaigns
- You will gather feedback from the community and act upon this insight.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team are like our family: we’re building a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
- This is a full-time role based in Lagos, but you’ll be working remotely during most intervals
- This role is preferable for an individual that resides in Lagos but is not essential
Stage 1: Application & CV Review
Candidates are to apply with their CV, cover letter and/or portfolio. Applications are reviewed and candidates that meet the requirement for experience, skills and qualification are shortlisted for a pre-screening interview.
Stage 2: Pre-screening Interview
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will be sent a link to book a 30 minutes (Virtual) pre-screening session (we would normally give 2-3 different dates to pick from, you can let us know if you are unable to be available on these dates too). This interview is to get to know you beyond your CV, assess your job knowledge and to answer any clarifying questions you may have regarding the role.
Stage 3: Technical Assessment Task
If you are considered a potential fit for the role, you will be assigned an assessment task with a submission deadline. This is to assess your practical approach and knowledge of the role.
Stage 4: Final Interview with the CEO and Team Lead
Upon review of task submission, successful candidates will be invited to a final interview with the CEO and Team Lead to discuss culture fit and your technical skills and experience. Other clarifying questions will also be answered at this interview.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- We offer competitive salaries based on experience and in keeping with the social sector’s industry standard.
- Hybrid Work Structure
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Free access to training and workshops hosted by The Assembly
- Annual leave (15 days)
- End-of-year holiday
- Bi-annual Team Retreats
- Primarily remote position and able to work from any location in Nigeria provided you can avail yourself when needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by filling out THIS FORM
If you’d like to learn more about the role before you apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Assembly is a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage anyone who fits the spec to apply. We operate on a flexible WFH/OFFICE model and we can make reasonable accessibility adjustments for successful candidates.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill here