EVENTS + PROGRAMME LEAD
We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talent and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In a few years we have impacted over 2000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We have partnered with and worked with the likes of The British Council, Microsoft, A Whitespace Creative Agency, Social Media Week Lagos, Facebook, Dalberg, AFFORD, to name a few. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new stuff to learn, we love go getters, flexible attitudes, people who take initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
- You must have a strong interest and knowledge of the creative arts, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
- You are naturally curious about the people around you.
- Self starter; We are seeking people who enjoy building things from the ground up! Things happen and changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- You have strong interpersonal, communications, public speaking and presentation skills. You are charismatic, enthusiastic and detailed.
- You have a strong customer service mentality and you have the ability to generate respect and trust from all members, team and external stakeholders.
- You are fast thinking and reactive
- You are process driven and with a detailed focus
- You are always ready to learn, hard working, excellent organisational skills and ability to multi- task.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communications, Marketing or any related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years cognate work experience in a similar role.
- Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
- NGO Experience would be an added advantage
EVENT + PROGRAMME LEAD PILLAR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Your main focus is working with your team to build a strong and engaged community of
entrepreneurs, startups and freelancers in the fashion sector. This means you’ll be talking to people. A lot.
- You’ll make sure that our members have such an awesome time during our programmes and
events that they’ll want to bring all their friends too. And you’ll continually experiment with new ways to enhance The Assembly experience.
- You’ll be the eyes and ears of The Assembly so you’ll know the community better than anyone;
listening and reacting to feedback is the source of our success.
(2) Events Programme Lead:
- In this capacity you are tasked with keeping everything flowing smoothly with planning and
managing our programmes and events including educational skills training.
- Will support management to design and implement existing, unique programme
of events, conferences and products at The Assembly that fosters tangible impact and fosters increased connectivity and a spirit of collaboration between Assembly members.
- Support the design to delivery process for all programmes and events including innovative
event formats, speaker invitations, speaker briefings, on site event management, monitoring and evaluation etc.
- Identify and engage leading topic experts in The Assembly programme
- Build relationships and leverage the expertise of Assembly Members to co-design programme
- Write and submit grant applications, proposals and developmental briefs to donor agencies
- Write effective concept notes, proposals, reports on The Assembly’s impact for all funders and
- You will be the point of contact with all external service providers and suppliers to make sure
that everything is working as it should be, at all times.
- You are constantly creating new ways to make the experience more enjoyable for our members,
from the moment they get in touch with us and right through to the duration of their membership.
- You will partner with and report effectively to the Management Team to ensure the
growth of the company as a whole.
- You will engage our community, with an exciting schedule of events and brand building activities with key influencers.
- Coordinate events and experiential marketing campaigns
- You will gather feedback from the community and act upon this insight.
(3) AD HOC:
- Write content for Social Media Platforms and Website.
- Providing weekly progress reports on all stages of partnerships and proposals to the Brand
Manager and the entire management team.
- Daily support to the Founder
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS:
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team are like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge, while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
This is a full time role based in Lagos, but you’ll could be working remotely at certain intervals
SALARY: Starting from N100,000 depending on experience.
How to Apply: Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to Apply:
Send us an email with your qualifications, CV and with a suitable Subject to email@example.com
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Problem-solving, Excellent presentation, Customer Relations, Strong Organisational,