FASHION DESIGNER- ELVIRA JUDE
Elvira Jude is a luxury womenswear brand located in Lagos. Known for effortlessly incorporating sophistication, elegance and functionality in its designs over the years, the Elvira Jude brand provides the style conscious woman with the right wardrobe options to go through life and career with grace and confidence.
We are seeking a creative, fashion designer with panache and flair to join our team. The individual will be responsible for producing new cutting-edge designs on demand, while being able to meet with suppliers, undertake research for product development as well as source for fabrics and trims. You must be able to work in a highly fast paced environment and able to deliver and excel under tight timelines.
- Create mood, seasonal and colour boards
- Sketch designs by hand as well as produce technical drawings using computer-aided design programs (CAD, knowledge is an added advantage)
- Create a cohesive collection from start to finish
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers for materials
- Make clear and detailed fashion illustrations
- Inspect fabric and finished projects
- Select fabrics, embellishments, colours, or style for each garment
- Work with other team members to create a prototype design whilst monitoring fittings, updates and approvals
- Present design ideas to the creative director
- Work with production manager to oversee their designs from start to finish
- Quality control
- Must have good eye for detail, fit, colour, texture and pattern
- Competent in all aspects of design such as fabric selection, pattern making, grading, garment construction and garment fitting
- Result driven and innovative
- Able to deliver high standard of sketching concepts and ideas.
- Ability to build on an existing collection and create a cohesive collection from scratch
- Must be able to work under tight timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Excellent design, visualisation and garment technology skills
- Excellent sense of colour, style and feel of fabrics and accessories
- Excellent negotiation skills with suppliers
- Must be able to work independently as well as excellent team player
- Degree in fashion related field with at least 3 years’ experience in a fashion design position.
Note: Must be willing to work flexible/late hours, Saturdays included, according to the needs of the company
Salary: N80,000 (Based on experience and skills)
How to Apply:Send your CV and PORTFOLIO to Work@theassemblyhub.com.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Leadership ability - Creativity - Analytical thinking - Project Management