Our client is an African fashion brand founded in 2013 that is looking for talented and driven fashion designers to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Creating/visualising an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD).
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes.
- Planning and developing ranges to develop products to meet a brief.
- Liaising closely with production teams on an ongoing basis.
- Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns, toiles and technical specifications for designs.
- Sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments.
- Adapting existing designs for mass production.
- Have at least 3 years experience designing and producing for another fashion company( sample work needed)
- To be creative
- An eye for colour, texture and pattern
- The ability to visualise things in three dimensions
- Technical skills in areas such as pattern cutting, grading and garment construction
- To be able to draw, either by hand or on the computer
- Good communication skills to explain their ideas clearly and persuasively
- The ability to meet deadlines and work within a budget
- If you can design knitwear that is a plus
Workdays: Mondays – Fridays
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application with CV and Portfolio to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “Fashion Designer”.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/