Ananse is a start-up e-commerce platform that enables consumers worldwide to shop online from fashion designers’ artists and artisans from across the African continent. The company’s end-to-end payments and logistics solution provides a valuable plug-and-play e-commerce service to creative entrepreneurs in Africa, enabling them to trade globally and grow their businesses.
- Develop and implement branding initiatives and joint marketing partnerships consistent
with the goals and objectives of the business
- Define and implement consistent Ananse brand personality and editorial voice across different channels: e-commerce website, social media platforms, etc, and ensure editorial content on the website and social media appeals to the Ananse target market
- Work with creative staff, agencies, and other department heads to produce high-quality multimedia marketing collateral and editorial content that is aligned with the brand and business imperatives
- Develop and implement marketing plans within budget requirements
- Develop and implement a communications plan across all communications channels (online and offline) to reach appropriate target audiences
- Develop and implement social media and digital content strategy
- Develop and deliver marketing and branding training to support targeted and current fashion merchants on the e-commerce marketplace platform
- Secure PR/earned media coverage from local and international media to build awareness and reputation of Ananse among the target audience
- Connect Ananse to online audiences, especially targeting global audiences with an interest in Africa and African fashion
- Manage external advertising and PR agencies
- Manage marketing team and provide leadership at the management level
- Provide the CEO and management team with input into strategic plans for the business
- 3-5 years of work experience in an e-commerce marketing and communications management role
- Relevant Marketing and Communications degree or MBA with a specialization in Marketing
- Good understanding of fashion e-commerce marketplaces
- Have a strong fashion social media and digital content experience
- Strong proficiency in internet marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions
- Excellent writing, editing, and public relations skills
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management
- Strong data and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to drive marketing and business KPIs in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset and problem-solving capabilities with a record of finding feasible solutions to complex problems in an environment with incomplete information and tight timelines
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally
- 6-month contract with possible extension
Must be based in Lagos
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with your CV and cover letter to apply for the vacancy.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill here.