Human Resource Manager – Alara
The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function at Alara.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the Company’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures Company’s compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for Company compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in Company policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the Company wage and salary program.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the CEO, on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the Company.
- Develops and maintains a human resource system that meets Company personnel information needs.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Participates in committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Develop strategic compensation plans, align performance management systems with compensation structure and monitor negotiations for group health care benefits.
- Oversee needs assessments to determine when training is necessary and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity.
- Implementing employee development strategy and succession planning based on training and professional development.
- Responsible for preserving the employer-employee relationship by developing an effective employee relations strategy.
- Ensuring that employees have a safe working environment, free from discrimination and harassment.
- Conduct workplace investigations and resolve employee complaints.
- Act as the primary contact for legal counsel in risk mitigation activities and litigation pertaining to employee relations matters.
- Develops and implements human resources processes and procedures for all employees.
- Develops departmental goals, objectives and systems.
- Initiate, Implement and update compensation program as often as required; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyses compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow
- Develop strategic solutions to meet workforce demands and labour force trends.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection processes; responsible for decisions related to corporate branding as it relates to recruiting and retaining talented employees.
- Establishes and maintains leave records and reports.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Develop strategies to monitor and oversee pre-employment checks and tests (background check, medical test, reference checks, educational, and past employment checks)
1.Human Resources Capacity.
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Strategic Thinking.
5. Decision Making.
6. Financial Management.
7. Communications Proficiency.
8. Presentation Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the Company.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
N300,000 – N400,000 (depending on the experience)
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight
travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or four to 6 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
HRBP, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application with your CV and Cover Letter to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “HR Manager – Alara”.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/