The primary role of the IT Administrator is to oversee and maintain all aspects of the company’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programs and systems.
- Develop strategic plans and implement the objectives of the Information Technology needs of the company to ensure the IT capabilities are responsive to the needs of the organisation’s growth and objectives
- Responsible for the Technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing Technology, Architecture, Information Systems, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes
- Evaluate overall operations of Information Technology functions and recommend enhancements
- Advise on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals & objectives
- Prepare budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information
- Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommend solutions that maximise effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels
- Responsible for the development, review and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Establish the Companies infrastructure to support and guide business units in Information Technology efforts.
- Communicate IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization.
- Demonstrate high-level capability or substantial experience in successfully managing Information and Communications Technology services and applications in an expanding environment.
- Strong management skills with the ability to manage multiple high profile issues simultaneously and the ability to identify and assess emerging issues
Required Education and Experience
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This job operates in a luxury retail environment and delivers services to a niche market and high net worth clients
The role may demand flexibility of your working hours in order to accommodate clients’ needs. In general, the role could involve working outside usual business hours including weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application with CV to email@example.com with the subject “IT Manager – Alara”
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/