LEAD (graphic) DESIGNER
You are obsessed with colour, textiles, symmetry and patterns. You walk into a space and think about what is working well or the 10,000 ways you can make it better. You could have been an architect in another life. You have a deep respect for artisans and good craftsmanship. You are passionate about the future of African design. You have strong illustration & design skills that translate well digitally and to physical products.
- Collaborating with Creative Director to create new products from conception to design, sample and final execution.
- Drive visuals for brand marketing projects, from initial mood boards and concepting through to execution.
- Product development from initial concept through sketch, rendering, and sample review, revisions to sample approval.
- Creating digital illustrations for prints, social media, including digital ads, in-product marketing, email design, print design, event design.
- Managing production intern to maximize efficiency.
- Researching home decor and gift industry trends and forecasts
- Research and knowledge of Oya Abeo materials
- Graphic design/textile design/packaging design for home goods products.
- A strong portfolio showing at least 10 samples of illustrations and graphics in fashion, architecture, lifestyle or homeware.
- Strong artistic perspective.
- Willingness to explore physical locations, art, music and exhibitions as part of the design process.
- Ability to communicate ideas via illustration, both by hand and digitally.
- Strong aesthetic with regard to colour, finishes, materials and techniques.
- Attention to detail, openness to collaboration and new ideas.
- Cares about sustainability
- Understanding of our aesthetic and how it translates to graphic direction, typography and product assortment.
- Able to manage time and production goals independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign
SALARY: N80,000 – N100,000
How to Apply:
Send your application to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “Lead Designer” with your CV and Portfolio attached.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/