New Business & Membership Associate – Internship
We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talent and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In a few years we have impacted over 2000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We have partnered with and worked with the likes of The British Council, Microsoft, A Whitespace Creative Agency, Social Media Week Lagos, Facebook, Dalberg, AFFORD, to name a few. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new stuff to learn, we love go getters, flexible attitudes, people who take initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
This internship would be a wonderful opportunity for a highly motivated individual seeking a business/strategy role within a creative business. Someone who is detail oriented and enjoys working with data will thrive in this position. You will be working in a fast-paced environment around passionate and creative people and will have the opportunity to see live projects that run through The Assembly.
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of members and clients, become a point of contact of members and develop new methods to help service our membership community
- You’ll be responsible for the management of The Assembly members ensuring you understand what they want to gain from their membership and help develop products and services to help grow revenue and retention rates.
- You’ll be expected to be able to talk about The Assembly’s mission, membership offering and other activities with confidence and passion.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop all year round programme of events for The Assembly.
- Seek out new opportunities to increase new members and business acquisition and drive sales.
- Collaborate with content team to curate membership newsletters
- Monitor key performance indicators daily to identify areas of concern and root causes, propose analyses and/or corrective actions
- Forging and maintaining good relationships, ensuring exceptional delivery of service to meet all requirements
- Resolves complaints and is able to trouble-shoot with designers and external bodies with empathy and in a conciliatory manner
- Define, monitor and build improvements in processes and reporting of critical metrics to improve efficiency
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc research tasks.
Fantastic people skills
Strong quantitative and analytical skills
Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise your workload in a dynamic environment
Effective verbal and written communication skills to successfully deliver and present recommendations to senior leadership
Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Prioritise and work independently with minimum support
- Calm with attention to detail
- resourceful – ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem that might arise
- Able to liaise confidential and professionally with people at all levels
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or any related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 year cognate work experience in a similar role.
Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS: As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it! Our team are like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge, while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
JOB DETAILS: This is a predominately remote role with preference for Lagos based candidate
How to Apply:
Send us an email with a 300 word cover letter and CV showing us why you are the perfect fit for this role – email@example.com
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here