Online Community Associate
We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talent and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In a few years we have impacted over 2000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We have partnered with and worked with the likes of The British Council, Microsoft, A Whitespace Creative Agency, Social Media Week Lagos, Facebook, Dalberg, AFFORD, to name a few. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new stuff to learn, we love go getters, flexible attitudes, people who take initiative and not afraid to ask questions.
- You must have a strong interest in personal and business development, fashion and the creative arts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a number of different styles/tones.
- Ability to gracefully respond to edits and feedback on story submissions.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Great research, organisational and learning skills
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft office and Google Docs
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices
- Produce and distribute digital content across multiple platforms, such as Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Devise & create media that effectively drives conversation on social media and digital platforms
- Work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines in all live environments.
- Conduct interviews and extract content for distribution
- Effectively monitor third party social media outlets and identify connecting opportunities
- Use your knowledge of industry technology and ideas to improve digital communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
- Willingness to juggle short/quick writing projects with longer, deeply-reported features
- Knowledge and experience of multi-platform digital production distribution, such as Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Passion, stamina, enthusiasm, creativity, and determination. They should be self-motivated and adaptable – and demonstrate strong people skills.
- The ability to be flexible and work unsocial hours, weekends, and Bank Holidays
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or any related field.
Experience: Minimum of 1 – 2 year cognate work experience in a similar role.
Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
Candidate should be located on the Island
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS: As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it! Our team are like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge, while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
How to Apply:
Send us an email with your qualifications, links to your writing and social media and any pages you handle firstname.lastname@example.org
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us – email@example.com.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in a number of different styles/tones. Produce and distribute digital content across multiple platforms, such as Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.