We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talented and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Okwesa, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to level the playing field for women and youth exploring careers and sustainable businesses in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
Our team consists of ambitious dreamers and skilled problem-solvers, who are part of a vibrant community of makers and creators. The Assembly was created with a deep-seated passion to support talented and dedicated creators in achieving their goals and succeeding. Our founder, Yoanna Okwesa, also known as “Pepper,” started The Assembly Hub in 2016 with the aim of creating equal opportunities for women and young people who are exploring careers and sustainable businesses in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In over 5 years we have impacted over 4000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, access to job opportunities, mentoring, funding, and consulting. We are building an environment where our community can expand their knowledge, improve skills and discover new ones.
We need a part-time accountant who is detail-oriented, communicative and has a strong accounting background. They will manage accounts payable and receivable, prepare financial statements, reconcile bank statements, and assist with tax preparation. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, 2+ years of experience, and be proficient in Google Sheets, spreadsheets, and accounting software, and good at interpreting/presenting complex information in a user-friendly way. This is a remote, flexible position for a professional self-starter who loves accounting, pays attention to detail, loves playing with numbers and does not miss a thing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field: We are looking for someone who has a strong educational background in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices including GAAP.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and experience with tax filings
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Google Sheets and other accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- As an integral part of our team, you will play a key role in managing our finances. This will include overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure timely payments and prompt invoicing. Working closely with your colleagues, you will need to ensure that all transactions are correctly processed.
- Another key responsibility will be recording and reconciling all financial transactions within our organisation. This will cover everything from sales to expenses. You will also need to reconcile bank and credit card statements to ensure our records are accurate.
- In addition, you will prepare and analyse monthly and annual financial statements and reports. These reports will help us make informed decisions and ensure that we’re meeting our financial objectives.
- To maintain accurate records and ensure that all financial transactions are properly accounted for, you will need to monitor and review all financial records regularly. This will involve careful review and reconciliation of all financial transactions.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and assist with tax filings.
- Finally, you will be responsible for maintaining an organized and efficient accounting system. This will involve developing and implementing processes and procedures to ensure that our financial records are always up-to-date and accurate.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team is like our family: we’re building a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
- This is a part-time role based in Lagos, but you will be working remotely during most intervals but we are open to other flexible options.
- This role is preferable for an individual who resides in Lagos but is not essential
Stage 1: Application & CV Review
Candidates are to apply with their CV, cover letter, and portfolio. Applications are reviewed and candidates that meet the requirement for experience, skills, and qualifications are shortlisted for a pre-screening interview.
Stage 2: Pre-screening Interview
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will be sent a link to book 30 minutes (Virtual) pre-screening session (we would normally give 2-3 different dates to pick from, you can let us know if you are unable to be available on these dates too). This interview is to get to know you beyond your CV, assess your job knowledge, and answer any clarifying questions you may have regarding the role.
Stage 3: Final Interview with the CEO
If you are considered a potential fit for the role, you will be invited to a final interview with the CEO to discuss your culture fit and your technical skills and experience. Other clarifying questions will also be answered at this interview.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Free access to training and workshops hosted by The Assembly
- Bi-annual Team Retreats
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by filling out THIS FORM
If you’d like to learn more about the role before you apply please email: email@example.com
The Assembly is a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage anyone who fits the spec to apply. We operate on a flexible WFH/OFFICE model and we can make reasonable accessibility adjustments for successful candidates.