AMUJ Lagos is a womenswear brand purposely and delicately crafted to make every woman feel sexy, confident and empowered.
They are looking to hire a Pattern Maker that is skilled at handling womenswear. As a Pattern Maker you will play a crucial role in the fashion design process by creating patterns that serve as the blueprint for producing garments. You will work closely with designers to translate design concepts into precise patterns that ensure the proper fit and construction of clothing.
1. Pattern Creation
- Interpret and translate fashion designers’ sketches, illustrations, or concepts into detailed pattern pieces.
- Develop patterns for various types of garments, including dresses, tops, pants, and outerwear.
- Create patterns for different sizes, considering the variations in body proportions.
- Ensure patterns are created and delivered within specified timelines to meet production schedules.
- Organize and maintain a library of pattern templates and records for future reference.
- Update patterns as needed to accommodate design changes or improvements.
2. Measurement and Fit Analysis
- Take accurate measurements of sample garments and fit them on dress forms or models to identify any fitting issues.
- Adjust patterns to achieve the desired fit, comfort, and style, making necessary alterations and refinements.
3. Pattern Grading
- Gradually increase or decrease the size of patterns to create different sizes for a clothing line.
- Ensure that the graded patterns maintain the original design’s proportions and aesthetics.
4. Material Selection and Yield Optimization
- Collaborate with the production team to select appropriate fabrics and materials for each design.
- Calculate fabric consumption and optimize pattern layouts to minimize material wastage.
5. Technical Documentation
- Prepare comprehensive technical specification sheets (tech packs) that include all pattern details, seam allowances, and construction instructions for the production team.
6. Quality Control
- Review and assess sample garments for accuracy, fit, and quality, making necessary adjustments.
- Provide feedback to improve the production process and garment quality.
7. Other responsibilities:
- Work closely with the production team and garment technicians to achieve the desired design and fit
- Address design and fit challenges through effective communication and problem-solving.
- Stay updated on industry-standard software tools and techniques.
- Monitor and manage costs related to pattern development and material usage to meet budgetary constraints.
- Stay current with fashion trends, materials, and construction techniques to contribute innovative ideas to the design process.
- Minimum of 2 years pattern making experience.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Good sewing skills
- Excellent sense of style and colour.
- Ability to collaboration with the design and production teams.
- On-site (3 – 4 days a week)
- Flexible (To Be Determined)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the vacancy, email your CV to email@example.com
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill here.