PATTERN MAKER – ASABE MAIYAKI
Asabe Maiyaki, the international, sustainable, Culture, Life, and Style of the Nigerian Quirky woman is expanding and currently seeking to hire a highly skilled and experienced pattern maker.
- Create and design final patterns for custom and ready to wear apparel.
- Suggest suitable construction to make wearable garments.
- Measure and suggest suitable grading.
- Position and determine pattern layout to maximize fabric yield.
- Work in a team.
- Perfectly translate the ideas/hand sketches of the designer to reliable and repeatable patterns that can be sent to the factory for production.
- Meet with designers to discuss base designs.
- Read and interpret design sketches and technical flats.
- Meet with designers to review final products, details & fit.
- Certificate, Diploma, or BSc in Pattern making/Fashion Design from an accredited school of Fashion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous experience in custom, ready to wear & mass production.
- Ability to read and interpret hand sketches and technical flats created by designers.
- Experience with measuring, snipping, and cutting tools.
- Detail-oriented with high fashion flare.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in creating patterns with digital software is an added advantage.
- Proximity to Masha or Ikotun in Lagos state is an added advantage.
Women with experience in tailoring, custom fitting, and mass production are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Pay is negotiable and will vary by garment. Some garments will be more difficult than others to construct. There will be established commissions for each garment.
- Open to remote work but must be present at physical meetings when necessary.
Design, Apparel & Fashion
How to Apply:
Send an email with your qualifications, CV and Portfolio to Work@theassemblyhub.com.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com