Pattern Maker/Cutter – Reine Roi
1) Creating patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of material and all kinds of materials.
2) Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments.
3) Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
4) Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
5) Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
6) Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
7) Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
8) Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
9) Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
10) Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and sew samples.
- At least 3 years experience in making patterns for womenswear
- Good pattern cutting skills
- Basic knowledge of sewing & finishing
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application with your CV and Portfolio to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “Pattern Maker – Reine Roi”.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/