Pattern Maker – Elvira Jude
Elvira Jude is looking to hire a highly experienced pattern maker to join its team. You will be required to accurately create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes. It is expected that you will have an excellent understanding of the design, production and fitting processes. You will have to be highly meticulous, pay high attention to detail and have a high level of design interpretation skill.
- Translating design sketches into pieces of paper or fiberboard in order to replicate shapes that will serve as a clothing pattern.
- Computing dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering fabric stretch where necessary.
- Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the accurate amount of material required to produce a design.
- Mark samples and finished patterns with detailed information such as garment size, section style, identification and sewing instructions.
- Maintaining open communication with the designers and tailors for smooth transitions of designs and outcome of each clothing.
- Using draping skills to produce the corresponding outfit pattern.
- Determining the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Handling effectively, various clothing styles with complicated patterns.
- Conducting proper outfit fittings and issuing necessary adjustments or correspondence.
- Inspecting the accuracy of sample pattern to ascertain its compliance to the original sketch design.
- Providing advice or input on the right machine techniques to use.
- Grading patterns according to the required range of garment sizes.
- Reading and interpreting design models and blueprints on job cards.
- Measuring, cutting, and designing patterns in the materials required.
- Sending the initial pattern to the production supervisor for check.
- Meeting with designers to review the final product.
- Tweaking patterns and filing designs for edits when required.
- Reporting to the Design & Production Manager.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Pattern Making
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the fashion industry.
- Residence on the island is preferable.
Starting Salary: N75,000
How to Apply:
Send us an email with your qualifications, CV and with the subject “Pattern Maker” to email@example.com
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org.