I. The Employee will perform such duties as may be assigned to the Employee according to the job description attached to the position and in relation to the administration and execution of the company’s business affairs and operations, which may be reasonably modified at the company’s discretion from time to time.
II. The Employee’s duties shall include, but are not restricted to:
You will be responsible for support of the selling function of the boutique by managing the areas of shipping/receiving, production, human resources, building maintenance, and operating budgets/expenses.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Overseeing production processes
- Ensure that the department collaborates with all other departments to ensure the smooth operation of boutique
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures and directives are enforced consistently and effectively
- Manage and maintain store facility inclusive of cleaning, repair and maintenance
- Ensure all merchandise is handled appropriately and inventory is accounted for and monitored
- To ensure proper onboarding and training of new employees in all operational areas according to the company SOP
- Planning and organizing production schedules
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Supervising the work of junior staff
- Represent the company in areas of public interest like trade shows, fashion shows etc. Maintain a documented process of customer processing through
the intake, order, follow up and delivery.
- Coordinate the flow of goods from the stock room to the sales floor and handle all merchandise replenishment.
i. Ensure Stock Control is carried out efficiently and effectively by:
- Consistently monitoring stock levels
- Providing adequate oversight to prevent wastages or theft
- Ensure all damaged and/or out of date equipment is removed and placed in designated Quarantine area
- Accurately record daily wastage and products used in store
ii. Provide Admin oversight by maintaining records of stock levels, availability of merchandise, maintenance tracking, manning levels and absences
iii. Ensure all activities are reported in a timely fashion, in the proper formats sanctioned by Management. Develop timely daily, weekly or monthly reports as may be determined by management
iv. Ensure consistent customer satisfaction and high-quality Customer Service by:
- Develop and maintain product knowledge, especially Ready To Wear products,
including on the job research
v. Data Management: Customers measurement details
vi. Consistently increase efficiency by developing strategies to reduce losses, wastages, turnaround time and service efficiency
vii. Ensure clear and concise communication of all internal matters. Ensure that issues raised with your supervisor, colleagues and Head Office in a timely manner
viii. Resolving Conflicts, handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others
ix. Assisting and Caring for Others by providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as co-workers, customers
x. Thinking creatively by developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products,
xi. Developing and Building Teams by encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
i. Leadership and Self-Motivation: Strong leadership and self-motivation capabilities.
ii. Planning Abilities: Must be able to plan strategies and future operation goals effectively.
iii. Multitasking: The diverse nature of Operations responsibilities means that employees should have a wide variety of skills that can be employed simultaneously.
iv. Outstanding organizational skills
v. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
vi. Strong interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written
vii. Strong independent work ethic, excellent time management skills, and organizational abilities
viii. Must be willing to work flexible/late hours when necessary, including Saturdays, according to Company’s needs.
ix. The ability to use your initiative
x. Ambition and a desire to succeed
xi. The ability to carry out basic tasks on a computer and use labeling and pricing
equipment as well as Point of Sale (POS) software.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the vacancy, fill out this form with the relevant information (ensure you upload your portfolio)
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill here.
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/