Retail Sales Associate – Alara
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totalling bills, accepting payments and making change for customers in a retail store.
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
- Generate and develop leads through different medium including but not limited to; cold calling, email marketing, field sales etc
- Follow-up with sales leads and close consequently
- Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Maintain a fully stocked store.
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants and meet them accordingly.
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs.
- Welcome and greet customers.
- Manage point-of-sale processes.
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments.
- Be up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits.
- Follow all companies policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update portfolio of customers and ensure their needs are always met.
- Perform opening and closing store processes daily.
- Update and submit daily lead forms.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all customers and manage their needs.
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Selling brands to customers; upselling, cross-selling
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
- Calculate sales discount to determine price.
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- A keen interest in fashion and luxury management
This job operates in a retail business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 22.72kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full–time position. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor‘s degree in Marketing or any relevant field.
- 0 – 3 years cognate experience in fashion retail sales.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Grade: Senior Professional
Reports to: Retail Manager and Sales Manager
Salary: N90,000 – N120,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application with your CV and Portfolio to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “Retail Sales Associate – Alara”.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/