Retail Sales Associate
The retail sales associate is responsible for obtaining or receiving merchandise, totaling bills, accepting payments and making change for customers in retail store.
1. Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
2. Set up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
3. Stamp, mark or tag prices on merchandise.
4. Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
5. Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
6. Selling brands to customers; upselling, cross-selling
7. Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
8. Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers.
9. Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift.
10.Calculate sales discount to determine price.
11. Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise.
12. Keep the shop floor clean and orderly.
1. Customer/Client Focus.
3. Teamwork Orientation.
4. Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a retail business environment. This role routinely uses
standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This
position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh
more than 22.72kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work
vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work may be required as schedule demands.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Previous retail or customer service experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply: Send your CV and a 300 word Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
Good inventory skills, Ability to supervise people in different positions