IRO LAGOS is a concept store that deals in fashion beauty and lifestyle retailing. They are looking to hire a Sales Executive with strong customer relations skills to join their team. The primary role of the Sales Executive is to help customers find merchandise they want and complete a transaction; they are to perform daily customer service and sales related duties. Besides assisting customers, perform related duties like stocking and restocking shelves, cleaning and tidying the store, writing, or delivering reports to the Sales and Operations Manager and creating product displays (virtual and physical) to attract customers.
- Welcoming and engaging with customers as they enter the store.
- Assessing customers’ needs and suggesting solutions to their problems.
- Working with POS and processing payments
- Giving customers advice about sales and promotions, by Using upselling and cross selling techniques to increase store sales.
- Recommending the best products to customers
- Cleaning and restocking the store and its utilities throughout the day, before opening and after closing. Cleaning rota will be drawn up by the operations officer.
- Maintaining an excellent record of ALL stock using MS Excel/Google Sheets and the store’s Point of Sale system, ensuring it is periodically reported to the Sales and Operations Manager. This will include monitoring inventory levels and initiating action to correct inventory discrepancies.
- To understand daily, weekly, and monthly sales and work with the Operations Officer to ensure accurate stock numbers are reported via MS Excel/Google sheets for the monthly reconciliation reports sent to the Merchandise Partners.
- Deputise for the Operations Officer in their absence.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to swiftly grasp an understanding of the store products
- Advanced customer service skills
- Strong Numerical skills
- The ability to use a Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Strong level of professionalism at work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience when dealing with difficult customers.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) or Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets,
- Minimum of a Secondary School Certification is required, but a Higher National Diploma or First Degree in Administration, Public administration, Mass Communication, Business Marketing or Retail Management or any similar academic qualification is desirable.
- Monday – Saturday (with one alternate day-off)
- 9am – 7pm
- 80,000 NGN to 100,000 NGN, depending on skills and experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the vacancy, fill out this form with the relevant information
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill here.