Set Designer – Anzul
We are looking for a creative professional with a solid track record of having built sets for music video clips, commercials & fashion photoshoots (fiction films & theatre would be welcome). The candidate would have designed sets independently and has experience in the required logistics and sourcing material. They also have experience translating scripts and mood boards, and working with stylists and custom designers to match the set.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3 years + experience building production sets (for music video clips, commercials & fashion photoshoots)
- Fluent in English. A working level of French is a major asset for the job. Ability to communicate in other major African languages is a plus
- Experience managing logistics and sourcing material to build sets
- Experience translating scripts and moodboards into sets
- Experience working with stylists and custom designers to match the set
- Experience working with different budget sizes.
- Experience in converting unconventional spaces into sets
- Have a good understanding of the creative sphere, particularly in Africa
- Experience in assisting production crews is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest pop trends and tools
- Ability to deliver effectively under pressure
- Ability and desire to work in a multicultural environment
- Team spirit & ability to work with more than one supervisor
- Ability to bring in fresh and new perspectives to sets and carry signature projects
- Ability to translate independently brand guidelines and clients briefs into sets.
- Ability to manage and absorb detailed feedback
- Experience working with recycled material and artisans is an asset
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supervise set construction and managing staff on production sets and stages
- Liaise with and communicate ideas to costume, prop, make-up, lighting, and camera crews to confirm set details
- Manage logistics and source materials for sets
- Present ideas in both writing and visuals both internally and externally.
- Using graphic design tools to build and develop the sets for presentation and pitching.
- Drafting, designing and managing budgets/spending for sets & all related staff/costs.
- Produce sketches and scale models to create a storyboard of the proposed set
- Delegate tasks, develop time schedules, and order required materials for the set
- Develop and translate scripts and moodboards
- Research references for historical, contemporary and futuristic sets.
- Support all other aspects of productions as part of the team both in the office and on-set.
- A permanent contract in our offices in Abidjan (Ivory Coast) with a probation period (3 to 6 months)
- A competitive salary on the Ivorian market, based on both pan-African and international benchmarking.
- An attractive salary package: health insurance, travel insurance for international trips, training and professional/personal development in relevant fields, gym allowance, a discretionary performance bonus at the end of the year (after 12 months of employment).
- If necessary, a relocation allowance that covers transport and temporary accommodation
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your application with CV to Work@theassemblyhub.com with the subject “Set Designer”.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/