Strategic Partnership Development Intern – The Assembly
We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talented and passionate creators realize their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In over 5 years we have impacted over 4000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding, and consulting. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new things to learn, we love go-getters, flexible attitudes, and people who take the initiative and are not afraid to ask questions. We are looking for an ambitious and proactive Strategic Partnership Development Intern as a new addition to our A-Team.
- You must have a strong interest and knowledge of the creative industry, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well within a team.
- You have strong interpersonal, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- You have a strong customer service mentality and you have the ability to generate respect and trust from all members, team, and external stakeholders.
- You are fast thinking, smart and proactive.
- You are process driven with a detailed focus.
- You are highly organised, methodical and inquisitive and this means you never let an opportunity slip through the cracks. But you are not afraid to walk away from opportunities that do not meet our quality threshold.
- You should be able to work on your own initiative, manage time effectively and work accurately and quickly under pressure.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Communications, Business Administration, Marketing or any related field.
- Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PILLAR RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Business Development
- Your main focus will be to support the partnerships team to identify, create and execute business opportunities and maintain existing ones.
- Proactively identifying, developing, and negotiating new opportunities and partnerships relevant to The Assembly’s business objectives in collaboration with relevant internal teams.
- Liaise with potential sponsors (government agencies, telcos, multinationals, financial institutions, investors, etc;) and actively seek out perks & in-kind resources from the local community for programs and projects.
(2) Build your professional profile
- You need to quickly learn everything there is to know about our business, our processes, and our services. This means immersing yourself in the world of impact, business, and the creative sector generally, as well as getting to know our specific products
(3) Research and Marketing
- Use your understanding of our business to identify potential customers that meet our ideal customer profile using tools such as Linkedin, Web Search, and a range of other technologies.
- Create targeted email campaigns to engage with leads and contacts. Monitor the performance of these campaigns closely and fine-tune them to get the best possible results.
(4) Monitoring and Improvement
- Seek out new opportunities to increase business acquisition and drive sales.
- Monitor key performance indicators daily to identify areas of concern and root causes, and propose analyses and/or corrective actions.
- Define, monitor, and build improvements in processes and reporting of critical metrics to improve efficiency.
(5) Relationship Management
- This role involves relationship management of existing strategic partners as well as coordinating, tracking, and reporting on new and ongoing events and programs.
- You’ll be expected to be able to talk about The Assembly’s mission, membership offering, and other activities with confidence and passion.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop an all-year-round programme of events for The Assembly.
- Forging and maintaining good relationships, ensuring exceptional delivery of service to meet all requirements.
- You’ll be the eyes and ears of The Assembly so you’ll know the community better than anyone; listening and reacting to feedback is the source of our success.
(6) AD HOC
- Providing weekly progress reports on all stages of partnerships and proposals to the Brand Manager and the entire management team.
- Assisting the team with ad-hoc research tasks.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS
As a growing startup ourselves, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us and carve out your spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team is like our family: we’re building a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
- This is a full-time role based in Lagos, but you’ll be working remotely during most intervals
- This role is preferable for an individual that resides in Lagos but is not essential
Stage 1: Application & CV Review
Candidates are to apply with their CV, cover letter, and/or portfolio. Applications are reviewed and candidates that meet the requirement for experience, skills, and qualifications are shortlisted for a pre-screening interview.
Stage 2: Pre-screening Interview
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will be sent a link to book 30 minutes (Virtual) pre-screening session (we would normally give 2-3 different dates to pick from, you can let us know if you are unable to be available on these dates too). This interview is to get to know you beyond your CV, assess your job knowledge, and answer any clarifying questions you may have regarding the role.
Stage 3: Final Interview with the CEO and Team Lead
If you are considered a potential fit for the role, you will be invited to a final interview with the CEO and Partnership Team Lead to discuss your culture fit and your technical skills and experience. Other clarifying questions will also be answered at this interview.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- We offer competitive salaries based on experience and in keeping with the social sector’s industry standard.
- Hybrid Work Structure
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Free access to training and workshops hosted by The Assembly
- Bi-annual Team Retreats
- Primarily remote position and able to work from any location in Nigeria provided you can avail yourself when needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by filling out THIS FORM
If you’d like to learn more about the role before you apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Assembly is a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage anyone who fits the spec to apply. We operate on a flexible WFH/OFFICE model and we can make reasonable accessibility adjustments for successful candidates.