TAILORS – ASABE MAIYAKI
Asabe Maiyaki, the international, sustainable, Culture, Life, and Style of the Nigerian Quirky woman is expanding and currently seeking to hire 2 highly skilled and experienced tailors who can work seamlessly in our Custom and E-commerce arms.
- Work in a workspace and sew garments from cut panels to finish.
- Maintain workspace cleanliness and organization.
- Monitor inventory levels, and inform supervisors when additional supplies are needed.
- Regularly maintain equipment in the workspace, including but not limited to machinery, inspection table, and storage.
- Lift and shift equipment and fabric when required.
- Sew apparel according to patterns and instructions by the designer/supervisor.
- Ensure alterations are placed with the correct order upon completion.
- Press and pack finished product.
- Performs related duties and assignments as required.
- At least 3 years+ experience sewing made-to-measure and ready to wear garments.
- Appropriate certification(s) from an accredited fashion school.
- Outstanding functional & technical skills.
- Ability to operate multiple types of sewing equipment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of fabrics, trims, garment construction, and alterations.
- Customer focused.
- Experience working with teams and fitting different body types.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Must be punctual, professional, and personable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Accuracy, precision, attention to detail, and accountability.
- Ability to multitask, meet set priorities and deadlines timely.
- Proximity to Masha or Ikotun in Lagos is an added advantage.
Women with experience in tailoring, custom fitting, and mass production are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay is negotiable and varies by skill.
Design, Apparel & Fashion
How to Apply:
Send an email with your qualifications, CV, and Portfolio to Work@theassemblyhub.com.
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up to our “A Careers” Newsletter here
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please contact us at Work@theassemblyhub.com