We are a team of dreamers and fixers, connected to an ambitious community of makers and creators. The Assembly was birthed out of a genuine passion to see all talented and passionate creators realise their dreams and thrive. Founder Yoanna Chikezie, fondly known as “Pepper” launched The Assembly Hub in 2016 out of her desire to break down the barriers that exist in Africa’s fashion and creative industry.
In over 5 years we have impacted over 3000 entrepreneurs and creative talent through training, mentoring, funding and consulting. We’re building an environment where you can expand your knowledge, improve your skills and discover new ones.
We love curious people we can learn from and who are always looking for new things to learn, we love go-getters, flexible attitudes, and people who take initiative and are not afraid to ask questions. We are looking for an ambitious, innovative and proactive Talent Associate as a new addition to our A-Team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are naturally curious about the people around you. You are engaging and outgoing
- You have strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills. You are charismatic, enthusiastic and detailed
- You have a strong customer service mentality and you have the ability to generate respect and trust from all members, staff and external stakeholders
- You are fast-thinking and reactive
- You have strong public speaking and presentation skills. You are charismatic, enthusiastic and detailed
- This role requires an effective communicator who can confidently drive tasks and projects forward.
- You should be able to work on your initiative, manage time effectively and work accurately and quickly under pressure.
- You can generate respect and trust from all members, team and external stakeholders
- You are process-driven and with a detailed focus
- You are always ready to learn with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Experience working in an office environment and excellent IT skills including Google Suite is a must.
- You are prepared to work hard and work smart
- You are prepared to walk up all the stairs required to get you to the top
- You are emotionally intelligent
- You do NOT need a little black book of well-established connections but be ready to go to events and pick up a brand new talent
- and clients around Lagos and beyond.
- You’ll be the eyes and ears of The Assembly so you’ll know the community better than anyone; listening and reacting to feedback is the source of our success.
- Maintaining company standards and expectations
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for The Assembly’s mission and values
- You design and implement strategies to attract, develop and manage TAH’s talent, and make TAH the talent source of choice
- Grow and nurture a pipeline of quality candidates.
- Track and regularly report on key metrics to senior leaders to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Assisting with the creation of career frameworks that pave the path for talent to help them understand how they can grow
- Maintain an understanding of federal and state laws and regulations affecting HR management.
- Requesting references for new employees, as well as providing references for current or previous employees.
- You’re naturally curious about what our members are doing, so you’ll be able to help them meet other people in The Assembly community, making introductions and finding opportunities for our community
- You’ll be the eyes and ears of The Assembly so you’ll know the community better than anyone; listening and reacting to feedback
- is the source of our success.
- Negotiate rates for partnership
- Keep the talent pool current and vibrant
- Network at events and online: being comfortable as the face of the brand when communicating with potential clients and talent
- You will monitor local competition.
- Meeting The Assembly Hub’s KPIs
- Liaise with potential sponsors (government agencies, telcos, multinationals, financial institutions, investors etc;) and actively seek out perks & in-kind resources from the local community for programs and projects.
- This role involves relationship management of existing strategic partners as well as coordinating, tracking and reporting on new and ongoing events and opportunities.
- Proactively identifying, developing and negotiating new opportunities and partnerships relevant to The Assembly’s business objectives in collaboration with relevant internal teams.
- Support the measurement of The Assembly’s impact on the community and society through its talent pipeline and membership.
- Assist the A-team in reaching sales goals and executing their objectives as an individual and a team
(4) AD HOC:
- Providing weekly progress reports on all stages of Talent and Resource tasks to the Community + Members Manager
- Ad-hoc filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Answering the phones and relaying messages to the team.
- Daily Support to the Community Manager
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR, Organisational Management, Social Sciences, Media, Communications or any related field
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years cognate work experience in a similar role.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Professional certifications would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate team members.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
A LITTLE ON OUR ETHOS
As a growing startup, we’re on a steep learning curve so you’ll have every chance to get stuck in, grow with us, and carve out your spot in the team. If you spot an opportunity to make your mark, go for it!
Our team is like our family: we’re trying to build a learning environment that will help you expand your knowledge while improving your existing skills and discovering new ones. We want you to grow, too.
Stage 1: Application & CV Review
Candidates are to apply with their CV, cover letter, and portfolio. Applications are reviewed and candidates who meet the requirements for experience, skills, and qualifications are shortlisted for a pre-screening interview.
Stage 2: Pre-screening Interview
Candidates shortlisted from Stage 1 will be sent a link to book a 30-minute (Virtual) pre-screening session (we would normally give 2-3 different dates to pick from, you can let us know if you are unable to be available on these dates too). This interview is to get to know you beyond your CV, assess your job knowledge, and answer any clarifying questions you may have regarding the role.
Stage 3: Final Interview with the CEO and Team Lead
If you are considered a potential fit for the role, you will be invited to a final interview with the CEO and People & Talents Team Lead to discuss your culture fit and your technical skills and experience. Other clarifying questions will also be answered at this interview.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience (Plus commission after successful completion of a 4-month probation period)
- Hybrid Work Structure
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Free access to training and workshops hosted by The Assembly
- Bi-annual Team Retreats
- Full-time role based in Lagos
- This role is preferable for an individual who resides in Lagos
The Assembly Hub is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment. This means that:
For all job opportunities and progression, job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
The above equally applies to access to development and training opportunities.
All programmes will be designed to be actively inclusive and accessible to all people.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the vacancy, fill out this form with the relevant information
To be the first to know when a job drops, sign up for our “A Careers” Newsletter here.
If you’re interested in having us source and provide the best candidates for your team please fill out here.
Have you registered for our FREE soft skills training? You can get more information on it here https://www.theassemblyhub.com/register-for-our-free-soft-skills-training/